The Hummer Club, Inc. is returning to Harlan Kentucky on May 5 and 6. Come Join fellow club members at the http://www.harlancountytrails.com Black Mountain Off-Road Adventure Area Black Mountain Off Road Adventure Area is in the heart of Coal Country. It is just a few miles west of Virginia and north of Tennessee, in the southeast part of KY, just outside of Harlan. With over 8,000 acres of mountainous terrain, elevations up to 3,300 feet and 150 miles of trails. The event will have 2 full days on the trails.
The event hotel will be the Comfort Inn and reservations can be made by calling (606) 573-3385. When making your reservations, tell them you are with the Hummer Club. The hotel has a free hot breakfast. Camping is also available through the Harlan County Campground. Comfort Inn 2608 South Highway 421 Harlan, KY, US, 40831 Phone: (606) 573-3385 Check in will be from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm on the evening of 4 May at the Comfort Inn. Pizza and sodas will be served during registration. Mechanical support for the trucks will be provided by fellow club members. Spare parts are always welcome.
Dinner will be provided Saturday night at the Portal restaurant which is nearby the hotel.
Registration Fees include admission to the ORV Park (both days), Dinner Saturday night and event shirt.
Some notable Information:
- Driver’s meeting each morning in the hotel parking lot. Be fueled up and have a lunch packed each trail day before arriving at the Park. Also bring extra water and plenty of snacks. A lawn chair for lunch/dinner.
- A CB for communication is required.
- Be certain that your truck is well maintained and that it is in good operational condition. Common spare parts recommend
- Be prepared for long trail days (food, water fuel), you never know what might happen.
Cancellations & Refunds:
We realize that unexpected events such as work conflicts, mechanical problems and illnesses may cause you to cancel your trip. However, we have many business partners that we pay deposits based on a preliminary participant count, therefore in order to limit the impact of cancellations the following penalties apply to your refund should you choose to cancel:
Days Prior to Trip Date: Penalty
Reservation to 21 days: $35 or *
20 days to 8 day: 50%
7 days to 1 day: 80%
Trip date and beyond: NO REFUND
* Should you choose to transfer from one trip to another trip in the SAME calendar year you may do so for $35 per transfer.