Colorado Mountain Adventure
Come join us for a great 3-day event in the Colorado Mountains.
It will be held on Friday July 21st through Sunday July 23rd 2017.
Event coordinator: Dave Breggin
Friday will be a short trail with tech sessions on Winching & Recovery, Trail Spotting, and Field Expediencies.
Saturday will be an all-day trail. Sunday will be a little shorter, planning to end in the middle of the afternoon.
We will spend a good bit of time above 10000 feet, a great way to beat the summer heat. We will be running trails on National Forest & BLM land to the west of Denver. Exact trails will be determined at the event so we can accommodate everyone. We have a huge network of trails to choose from with all levels of difficulty. Trails are usually hard dirt with imbedded rock, some loose rock, not much mud but a little rain can change everything. Most trails are forested, so mild pin-striping is always possible. No vehicle body damage is anticipated.
Mechanical support is by Darrell of Hinsdale Automotive.
Dave from BlueHummer will have parts, tools, and advice.
Driver’s meeting each day at 9:00 AM, meeting place to be determined.
Friday July 21: Short trail with tech sessions. Bring your questions, and plan on a relaxed, informative day. Planned return to Denver area for dinner.
Saturday July 22: Trail day. Trail to be determined. Planned return to Denver area for dinner.
Sunday July 23: Trail day. Trail to be determined. Planned return to Denver area by mid-afternoon.
Event Fees: $20 total for Truck/Driver/Passengers.
Event coordinator: Dave Breggin BlueHummer@earthlink.net
Registration Info: Click Here
Non - Club Members register here first.
Some notable Information:
- Driver's meeting each morning at the designated location. Be fueled up and also bring extra water, lunch, and some extra snacks.
- A CB for communication is required.
- Soft folding chairs are recommended for trail lunches and for the tech session
- Dress in layers. There can be significant temperature changes over the course of the day and with the changes in altitude
- Arrive at the meeting prepared for the day’s activities with fuel, food & water, clothing layers, and cameras.
Hope to see you there!
Local hotel recommendations are available, contact the event coordinator. No event hotel has been designated.